Program ManagerAPPLY NOW
Abuja, Nigeria •
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022 09:44
Policy Vault is a first of its kind NGO that is bolstering transparency and stakeholder access through its online repository of government documents including policies, electoral guidelines, business regulations, laws, investment guides, and legislative bills for countries across Africa.
From its inception in 2019, Policy Vault has digitized more than 8,500 government documents across ten countries in a broad range of sectors, including health & nutrition, agriculture, education, gender, democracy & electoral policy, and financial inclusion. We work with governments, non-governmental organizations, private sector stakeholders and academics and researchers to build partnerships to foster further digitization of African policies.
About the Role
Policy Vault is looking for an enthusiastic Program Manager who wants to dive into all aspects of our work in Nigeria. As a start-up organization, the role will be multi-faceted and a successful candidate will like the challenge of wearing multiple hats and building new processes. One day you may be meeting with the Ministry of Health to discuss digitization priorities, and then next you might be organizing a workshop for local NGOs and Civil Society Organizations.
The role is well suited for someone who has experience operating in ambiguity, keeping projects on track and adhering to deadlines, and is comfortable in the policy weeds as well as at high-level meetings with government officials.
- Contribute to the growth of the policy repository
- Work with leadership team to engage government officials, NGOs and private sector actors interested in Policy Vault’s products
- Work with interns, fellows and analysts to develop research and content for a weekly newsletter and blog
- Identify local civil society organizations for capacity building training; build sustainable coalitions within local civil society
- Prepare presentations, memos, and briefs for organizational use
Ideal Candidate Background
- A track record of managing deadlines, implementing projects, and measuring success
- Solid understanding of international affairs, public policy, and development issues
- Experience managing employees, interns or contractors in previous roles
- Willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ and a sense that no job is below you
- Ability to speak to the technological limitations of the current public policy landscape across African countries, and why digitization can be beneficial
- Knowledge of, and contacts within, the public policy, NGO, or governmental communities in Nigeria
- Some experience managing project budgets
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus
- Desire to work with a geographically disparate and multicultural team
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in deck presentation design in PowerPoint; graphic design skills a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, confidence in presenting to audiences or groups of key stakeholders; Proficiency in another language spoken on the continent a plus (e.g. French, Arabic, Swahili, Amharic or Portuguese, etc.)